"Recent Advances in Meta-Analysis: Methods and Software"
In August 2023 a symposium on current methods and software tools for meta-analyses was held in Göttingen, initiated by Tim Friede, Christian Röver (Department of Medical Statistics, University Medical Center Göttingen) and Markus Pauly (Department of Statistics, TU Dortmund University).
The programme included presentations of many renowned researchers in the field of meta-analysis and a practical introduction to the current software.
The symposium is part of the joint research project "Valid methods for meta-analyses with few studies and small sample sizes" of Tim Friede and Markus Pauly funded by the German Research Foundation.
Thursday, August 24th 2023 (9.30am - 1.30pm): Software
- 9.30am - 9.35am - Introduction
- 9.35am - 10.15am - meta [PDF], meta R code [R]
Guido Schwarzer (University of Freiburg)
- 10.15am - 10.55am - A brief demo of the metafor package on W. Viechtbauer's website
Wolfgang Viechtbauer (Maastricht University)
- 10.55am - 11.25am - Coffee break
- 11.25am - 12.05pm bayesmeta [PDF], bayesmeta R code [R]
Christian Röver (UMG Göttingen)
- 12.05pm - 12.45pm RBesT / Stan - slides [PDF], RBesT / Stan - detailed handout [PDF]
Sebastian Weber (Novartis Pharma AG, Basel)
- 12.45pm - 1.30pm Discussion / Farewell
Tim Friede (UMG Göttingen)
Markus Pauly (TU Dortmund University)
Registration for the symposium is free but required by 1 AUG 2023 at the latest.
For registration please contact Judith Heinz at judith.heinz(at)med.uni-goettingen.de.
If you would like to attend the dinner at the "Kartoffelhaus", please contact Judith Heinz by 05 AUG 2023 at the latest.